1. On Shabbos, Erev Shavuos, the main theme must be “Shabbos for itself.” From the Torah we learn that even in a wasteland a Jew must live according to Torah, with joy.
2. The Holy Ark was covered when it was transported, which exemplified the idea of making a dwelling place for the Shechinah in the lower worlds, in the time of galus.
3. The title page must be counted as the first page of Gemara Sotah in order to have 49 pages. Chanah’s inner intention was pure and her thought would have been corrected by teshuvah.
4. R. Yosef was on the lofty level of Sinai and yet he was very humble. R. Nachman had a “mazal” which pushed his nature to strange actions, yet he controlled it. For this reason they advised the reciter of the Mishnah not to include “humility” and “fear of sin” in the lost attributes.
5. The last mishnah of Pirkei Avos ignores Torah. But an earlier mishnah says, Kavod is Torah; Torah is everything.
6. Two systems of counting. The census not enumerated, but conducted all the time by G‑d, Himself, because He loves the Jews, and the official census conducted by the leaders of the Jews. We too must reciprocate by following G‑d’s will.