1. This Shabbos commemorates the first Shabbos that the Jews had Manna in the desert. But why wait till after the Shabbos to name the Manna and to store it as a keepsake? To learn what Manna really was, they had to go through five weekdays, Friday and Shabbos. The Manna provided all the needs of the people; when we study Torah G‑d will care for all our needs.
2. Rashbi and the Manna have a common theme. Manna came from the highest level and fell to earth, Rashbi reached the highest state and also dealt with simple things. The Zohar, which will lead the Jewish people to salvation. The firstmaamar in Likkutei Torah deals with the Manna and this Shabbos.
3. Why does Rashi introduce the covenant of Yirmeyahu in the verse which promises G‑d’s blessings. Beyond all the classic blessings lies a super-blessing of a new covenant made by G‑d.
4. The final mishnah of chapter five of Avos teaches us that at each stage in life we have a basic requirement as well as a mode of more pious behavior — strive for greater piety.
5. From the Rambam we glean that just as some things are prohibited so must we limit permitted luxuries. Torah study heals all pains.