1. All created beings are multifaceted. So, too, Shabbos, which reveals G‑dliness in itself and in the rest of the week. The orbits of the universe match the orbits of atomic particles. Business people can reveal G‑dliness in the material world. With G‑d’s assistance we attain success.
2. Erev Shabbos was Pesach Sheni “Nothing is irretrievable,” even for one who never lost anything!! Upgrade the past relative to the present! * * * On Lag BaOmer every Jew receives a radiance from Above, to reach the level of “Torah as occupation.” This is carried forth by Shabbos, and encourages devotion to Torah.
3. Rashi deals with two types of servitude; to a fellow Jew and to a gentile. Torah indicates the different rules that apply in each case, following the rule that we are servants first to G‑d.
4. The Rambam discusses the essential desire of every Jew to follow the rules of Torah, even when his evil impulse induces him to sin. On the other hand, when one transgresses under duress he is not punished — note the precision of Rambam’s use of terminology.
5. Parties, outings, rallies, etc., should be organized for children on Lag BaOmer. Tell the children the history of the day and the teachings of Rashbi. All children (as well as adults) should be present in the synagogues on Shavuos morning when the Ten Commandments are read.