1. Shabbos HaGadol recalls the miracle of smiting the Egyptians through their firstborn. This is a case where the corporeal world reveals G‑dliness in a measured way as well as drawing the loftiest aspects of G‑dliness into the revealed world. This happens after Matan Torah. The Alter Rebbe taught this orderly system of Divine service.
2. Being on the tenth of the month, this Shabbos HaGadol reaches to the lofty aspects of the ten attributes of Atzilus and draws down those lofty levels of holiness into the orderly system of the world. This symbolizes the “culminating passion of the soul” which must not leave the body but continues to deal with the real world.
3. Why does Rashi interpret “living” and “kosher” in a very narrow context — clearly not the plain meaning of the verse? Every detail of the purification of theMetzora has symbolic meaning relative to the sin of the Metzora. Evil talk needs “kosher” talk, etc.
4. The Rambam speaks of carrying animals on Shabbos vis-à-vis carrying a person. Each animal group listed by the Rambam relates to a different level of purification of the animal soul of a Jew. We must continue to purify the mundane.
5. In preparation for Pesach remember: Maos Chittim and spiritual preparation. Print journals of the lectures on Rambam in time for the Rambam’s birthday on the 14th of Nissan. Establish Chabad Houses, study groups for senior citizens and Tzivos Hashem groups. 40% discount on all Kehot publications.